Sunday, March 19, 2017

Writing the Script

I am currently working on drafting the film's screenplay. It is very important to me that every moment onscreen is necessary and meaningful to the story, thus I have been dedicating lots of time to the planning process as I believe it is most valuable to creating a successful piece. Typically I don’t write in screenplay format but I think it’s important, not only for my own organization but also for the actors I cast, to have something more concrete. I have been watching these wonderful video essays linked here and presented below by Lessons From the Screenplay on Youtube which have proved to be very helpful in this regard.



Furthermore, I have started set design on my room as I have previously mentioned I wish to create something more visually light this year as opposed to saturated with color and space. My room’s walls are cluttered and so I have been taking down many of the posters and things crowding them to change that. I would like to also work with primary colors so I will be on the lookout for some room decorations that are more delicate and align with red, blue, or yellow in the following week.


In addition, I have created a little schedule to help keep me on track for the deadline. I aim to be finished with the screenplay by this Wednesday and to have it casted as well. This weekend I wish to rehearse and film the opening scenes and by next Saturday I should have all of the shooting done so I can edit. After mapping out my time I do feel a bit more collected but also overwhelmed with how much there is to do! It’s truly time to get grooving.

Talk soon,
Cassie.


No comments:

Post a Comment