Sunday, March 26, 2017

Everything Else

Chinatown (1974 dir. Roman Polanksi)
Even though filming has yet to begin, in the awaiting days I figure that I should also put some time into thinking about my CCR, website, and postcard advertisement. Last year I focussed heavily on my film opening and left the CCR to becoming more of an afterthought in the process. This year, however, I will change that! I would like to create a director’s commentary as opposed to a podcast because I believe that the mix of audio and visuals will serve as a more engaging and effective way of illustrating my points as I will be able to specifically reference certain frames and influences on my film throughout.


Furthermore, I have a vague idea of what I'd like to achieve with the advertisement. As both pictures surrounding the text demonstrate, a large component of any postcard is an alluring image. Because drawn movie posters are less and less utilized today, I believe that the drawing will provide a separation of my film from other films and leave a more lasting impression upon potential consumers. Additionally, I would like to somehow incorporate a mirage- like image as was used in the Chinatown movie poster to reinforce themes of distorted perception in the film and also create a visual barrier to reinforce its themes of connection.

Talk soon,
Cassie.

Birds Without Feathers (release date unknown, dir. Wendy Mccolm)

No comments:

Post a Comment