Sunday, March 12, 2017

Aesthetics

Pierrot le Fou (1965)
Aesthetically and contextually I have spoken about wanting to create something more light and airy than my past creations this year. I continue to think back to the idea of shooting at a windy beach and I would like to play around with primary colors as was done in Jean-Luc Godard's Pierrot le Fou (1965). The film is very visually pleasing to me and the desaturation of color in certain scenes that occur throughout their adventure is something I'd definitely like to attempt to recreate.
Pierrot le Fou (1965)

On a different note, due to the film's time constraints of five minutes I am struggling to come up with an idea with strong pacing while maintaing a beginning, middle, and end. To help out I have been watching many, many short films on Vimeo but I find that the majority that fall around 5-7 minutes rely heavily on music and montages to progress their plots. I would like to steer away from the use of montage to develop time in my film, making something that unravels under a short period of time, instead. In trying to draft a beginning, middle, and end I have also been researching the three act play and have found helpful videos such as this linked here. Although in the video it is applied to a full length film, I believe I can draw guidance from some of the points mentioned.

Talk soon,
Cassie.

No comments:

Post a Comment