Sunday, March 19, 2017

An Idea!! (finally)

As I mentioned in my last post I have been having trouble formulating an idea that feels special and also feasible with my resources and the time allotted. However, I think I found something now. 

I am not exactly sure how to go about presenting this but I want the film to essentially be about a girl who longs for connection and finds none in her everyday life. When she starts hearing noises and dialogue coming from the apartment next door she imagines an entire storyline about the man and searches for him in real life. Although this sounds complicated I can envision it falling under a five minute time frame and I think by writing a script I’ll be able to shave down the film to its most important scenes.

I imagine it beginning at the beach with the girl and her friend, but the protagonist is obviously still feeling isolated in her friend’s company. I plan to use the divide between the water and sand to illustrate the two's separation literally. At home she continues to keep occupied but in the middle of an action she begins hearing talking coming from the other side of the wall. She presses her ear against it to get a clearer listen and feels an overwhelming sense of connection. I am unsure of where exactly I want the film to go after that but I know I want her to see a person at a store, or someplace, and convince herself that that’s the person from the apartment over, out of longing. This is in the very early stages but I thought I should give a little update on where I am currently at. I hope I made some sense!

Talk soon,
Cassie.

No comments:

Post a Comment