Thursday, April 13, 2017

Titles & Downloads

The title card. I've also decided to use cinematic bars for the film but
that's mainly because I got excited about Premiere's fancy options!
Besides filming I’ve spent a bunch of today updating my computer to the latest Mac operating system in order to download a free trial of Adobe Premiere Pro CC to edit with. I mentioned this in a previous post but to sum it up I had quite a couple of issues with iMovie and decided that it was time to try something new. As you can see, I've attached a little screenshot of the film’s title card which I'm very happy with. I’ve decided on calling the film ‘Carousel’ because I really want to touch on the cyclical nature of longing in this film and I believe that the word carousel, referring to children's merry-go-rounds, will clearly translate this idea as they center around a circular motion.

In other news, I am also on the hunt for a song to edit into the ending scene so that when Isabelle stumbles upon Kimi she hears her before she sees her. Not only would I like to incorporate the technique to build tension but I also think it would reinforce the way Kimi’s character carries a ray around her. All of the dreams are vibrant with color and otherworldly, so in turn I would like to mimic that atmosphere with music when Isabelle meets her.


Talk soon,
Cassie.

No comments:

Post a Comment