Monday, April 10, 2017

Coming up Roses!

Hello! So, I’ve been doing some planning (what’s new?) and I feel like despite the major stumbles I’ve had along the way something is finally clicking. First, in the midst of all the madness I forgot to tell you a few things. Michaela wasn’t available in the end so I actually got my friend Kimi to portray the “dream girl.” In addition, the pool scene wound up feeling out of place in context so I cut it from the film. Before shooting last week I altered a bit of the plot, making it so that Isabelle gets recurring dreams of a girl, investigates the dreams, and runs into the girl in real life but shuts her away. I thought this would more directly communicate what I’m trying to say about the cycle of loneliness in longing, wanting to reach out but never acting on those wants, even in dreamlike scenarios. Instead of ending it on a roundabout, I decided to end it with her having another dream but this time with a different subject to directly translate the idea of a cycle in a way that felt more fit.

I have made a shooting schedule for Wednesday through Friday, scene by scene, and finished touching up the storyboards on my phone. I've attached a few examples alongside the schedule! I've also have been working quite a bit on the film's website and postcard advertisement. I have decided that for marketing purposes I want to attach teasers alongside general information about the film on its homepage to entice audiences. In regards to the postcard ad, I have been constructing a visual of Kimi's face surrounded by hanging sheets that fall over Isabelle as she sleeps. I believe that this will justly translate the idea of Kimi's looming presence (or what she represents) in Isabelle's everyday. After filming I will use screen shots from the footage of both parties, overlay the images as so, and trace the final product in pen to create the illustration.


Talk soon,
Cassie.

No comments:

Post a Comment