Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Solution

Quick note before reading: I wrote this last night but forgot to post it which is why I refer to Saturday as tomorrow and not today!

Mark with a beautiful hat.
After meeting with Ms. Stoklosa we both agreed that it would be best to move quickly with the time that I have left. Filming everything over again on Wednesday (when I’m back from my trip) would be too late, and so I am currently planning the details of shooting with my brother, Mark, in NYC tomorrow and Sunday. I’m going to continue with the general thematic issues of loneliness and connection but because I have less time to film, am less familiar with the area, and have fewer resources in New York, actor wise, I’m going to steer away from scenes involving two or more people and/or the outdoors. Instead, I’m going to follow a man who recently moved to New York. Upon moving he finds himself rather isolated and realizes that the city is not the romantic idea he had of it. By chance he stumbles upon an old phone in the trash and takes it home with him out of curiosity, eventually playing its voicemails left feeling connected to and haunted by the idea of the owner. At the end I want him to find an old text that contains the owner’s new number and for the two to have a long conversation where they open up to one another.

I still have to write the script, so I don’t think I’ll be sleeping tonight! Nonetheless, I am excited about this. Things are looking up.


Talk soon,
Cassie.

No comments:

Post a Comment