Sunday, April 9, 2017

Just Kidding

still from shooting
Reflecting, I cannot believe that I was able to film as much as I did in the day I had. I was originally going to film it on Saturday and Sunday but I was only able to get one shot of my brother on Saturday before he asked to film it all Sunday because of the work he had to do. Filming itself was very stressful and in the end I wasn't able to complete the shoot because of time. I have definitely learned a lot from this experience, however, so it wasn't a complete waste. I really have a difficult time shooting anything if I have not storyboarded/ shot listed it ahead of time and I had to be much more spontaneous on this shoot. In addition, many times I had planned to film in a certain place and then realized it was way too crowded and had to move a scene. I also wasn’t able to get that many takes of anything and when the last couple of scenes came around my brother had to go to bed because he has work tomorrow.
still from shooting
still from shooting

I think my primary takeaway from this experience has been that I need make decisions quicker and stick with them. When looking at my blog/ journey, it’s a lot of back and forth. Here I am jumping back once again and I apologize for my inconsistencies. The choice is final (and my only one now) that I will simply have to get everything (with the exclusion of two scenes I've already shot) all day Wednesday and Thursday morning and go back to my initial idea. Taking into account that it is spring break, I feel calmer because I will have more hours in the day to film as opposed to right after school until eight. A detailed shooting schedule is to come of the exact times I will be shooting exact scenes from the film. In addition, I am working on my CCR and card now that I have sealed the deal.

Talk soon,

Cassie.

No comments:

Post a Comment