Sunday, April 2, 2017

Obstacles Ahead

As I’ve mentioned in my scheduling post, I was supposed to initiate filming on Wednesday, the 29th to start things moving. Because I was still working on my idea, however, I decided that it was best to just meet and organize things like costuming as well as specific times we can shoot. Saturday marked the first official day of filming and it actually went really well. We focussed on the solo scenes and afterwards I went to Markham Park to help Isabelle with her opening for the AS media level. All was beautiful and dandy until that night when I uploaded the files to my computer and my heart literally broke to see that they were all shot in the wrong format. It turns out that my mom had been using my camera earlier that week and changed the format so that she could do fancy stuff with her photos. There's nothing I can do but to look forward and take this as a lesson learned to always check the file format before filming!

Coming home from helping Isabelle, though, I felt overwhelmingly inspired by the way we shot and decided to use my fumble as an opportunity to rework and maybe simplify some things in my story before shooting on Monday. Because of Saturday I'll be adding Wednesday to the list of shooting days so I can compensate with time!

Talk soon,
Cassie.

No comments:

Post a Comment